Saturday, July 25, 2015

Serve!



Serving in the Church... It is what God intended for us to do.  There is just something about serving that makes my day feel so much more accomplished. 

Today I got to pass out invites to church.  This is just one way we can serve.  But it brings great joy to my heart when I know I am pleasing my Lord.  

Why serve, you may ask.  Here are a few things I have been thinking of: 

1. It gets our minds off our own struggles.  For that short time of serving this morning, it helped me see Gods bigger picture.  I have been struggling lately, but God is good and He will see me through.  I just have to do what He tells me to do and that is to serve. 

2.  It brings us together.  Sometimes we get so busy in our every day life that we get a skewed sense of what is really going on.  It is nice to connect with others and chat and hear about other peoples lives.  It is not all about "me." 

3.  It reminds us of who we serve!  God the Creator decided to let us be His mouth and His feet.  We get to be that representation of who God is.  He is love.  How can we be a follower of Him if we don't serve.  We have a great opportunity to spread the gospel.  We need to take that opportunity.  

Tomorrow is Sunday.  We all have an opportunity to let God work through us.  Lets be everything He created us to be.  Serve Him by serving others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment